Why Support Volunteer Centre Dacorum (VCD)?
Do you or your organisation want to make a contribution to the local community but are not sure how to select one amongst all the good causes out there? By choosing to support VCD, you’re helping us to help nearly 500 good causes.
That’s just one of the reasons why we’ve been selected by the Hemel Hempstead branch of Marks and Spencer to be their ‘Charity of the Year’ for 2014.
How Your Donation Can Help?:
- £5 invested in employment related volunteering saves society £550 in benefits!
- £10 could help us to find a much needed volunteer for a local community group!
- £25 could help a new volunteer find a role that is just right for them!
- £40 could provide a volunteering buddy for a person with learning support needs!
- £100 could train a volunteer manager in a local charity to get the best from their volunteer team!
- £250 could train 6 people to volunteer in a community cafe or lunch club!
- £1,000 could keep us supplied with information packs for new volunteers!
Want to make a donation – Here’s how?
Putting the Fun into Fundraising
We have a toolkit full of hints and tips to help you organise your own fun and successful event for VCD. Please contact us to request your copy.
Sponsoring one of our services or activities, or even offering a raffle prize for our summer draw can be great PR for your company. You will find our Centre, The Roundhouse, in the heart of the community, right in the busy Marlowes shopping area. A great place to showcase your commitment to the community you work in.
VCD is a great place to volunteer. Do you know that our longest serving volunteer has been with us for 18 years and we attract new volunteers each year? We’re developing some new and exciting roles so keep checking our website to see how you can get involved.
If you involve volunteers in what your do, why not become a member of VCD and enjoy a range of benefits for your organisation.
Individuals and companies can apply to join too so why not contact us for further information?